With winter finally bidding us its chilly farewell, it’s time to get back outside—to get moving, to get active, and to get working on a better you!
Simply put, physical activity is a non-negotiable for anyone looking to be healthy, happy, and robust—and when you factor in some sunlight, exercise is simply one of the best things you can do for your mental and physical well-being.
Don’t delay, then; snap into spring training with some of these quick tips:
- Set a goal for yourself. Think about why you’re exercising. Do you want to drop a few pounds? Or simply to say goodbye to your sedentary lifestyle? Think about what your goals are.
- Look for two or three ways to get in a little physical activity every day. Maybe you’re not ready for a full hour-long workout session each day—but what about one lap around the neighborhood each evening, or a quick walk around the building on your lunch hour?
- Feed your body with real, nutritious foods. Don’t worry about calorie counting; just skip the processed and junk foods for fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
- Get a workout buddy! Find someone who is similarly interested in getting more active, and schedule some times to walk, jog, swim, bike, or do yoga together.
- Don’t forget to sleep on it! You’ll be more energized and more ready for a full workout when you get eight hours of good, restful sleep each night.
- Buy some new gear. Feel good about your workout by splurging on some new workout clothes and shoes—whatever helps you feel more confident.
Use Spring as an opportunity to build a better you—and start by following through on these quick fitness tips.
What’s your fitness routine? Tell us on Facebook!