Has heroin addiction affected you or someone you love? Have you experienced an overdose, or do you fear it could happen in the near future? Despite how bleak your situation may currently seem, quality treatment at an inpatient drug rehab facility can help you overcome your addiction and teach you how to live independently of heroin.
Jump to a Section...
Heroin Addiction in the U.S.
Heroin addiction is a serious problem in the United States. It affects individuals belonging to every age group and social class. The opioid drug creates a feeling of a “rush” in its users, sometimes followed by warm sensations and euphoria. Those living in major cities as well as small towns generally have access to this drug.
The rapid and extreme way heroin changes the brain causes it to be unusually addictive. Once an individual develops an addiction, it can be extremely difficult to cease using the drug, no matter how much the user wishes to do so. Within a few hours of the effects of the drug wearing off, users feel the urge for another “fix”. Then, if they aren’t able to get heroin right away, they begin to experience withdrawal symptoms that can include restlessness, aches and pains in the bones, vomiting, diarrhea, and extreme discomfort.
Other short-term effects include:
- Slowed breathing
- Clouded mental function
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Drowsiness or feelings or sedation
- Body temperature drops below average (hypothermia)
- Coma or death (a result of overdose)
The long-term effects of heroin are even more damaging. Repetitive injections can lead to collapsed veins, as well as cause the blood vessels and heart valves to become infected. As a result of this deterioration of the body, users can develop Tuberculosis. Arthritis is another risk for long-time heroin users.
Inpatient Drug Rehab to Help Heroin Addiction
Heroin addiction may have you feeling hopeless right now, but at 1st Step Behavioral Health in Pompano Beach, Florida, we have treatment services and programs available that can help you beat your addiction. You don’t have to suffer alone any longer. We’ll be by your side through every step of the journey, from enrollment to successful completion of our programs.
Some of the comprehensive services offered at 1st Step Behavioral include:
- Individualized treatment plans designed to meet your needs
- Medically managed drug and alcohol detox
- Dual diagnosis treatment to treat co-occurring disorders like PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, anxiety, and others.
- Individual, group, and family therapy sessions are included.
- Nurse practitioner and your own assigned medical physician who will oversee your care throughout the course of treatment.
- Basic, no-frills treatment that utilizes hard work and dedication to sobriety in order to produce effective results.
- Long-term continued care is available for up to 1 year.
- Life skills to help recovering addicts maintain their sobriety once treatment is complete
- Recreational therapies such as yoga, art, music, and fitness.
- Holistic therapies including wellness, massage, and acupuncture therapies.
- 2-bedroom, fully furnished apartments for our guests’ comfort.
Call Us Now
Don’t be a victim of heroin addiction any longer. The inpatient drug rehab program at 1st Step Behavioral Health has the experience and tools necessary to help you beat your addiction and move on to a healthy, happy and sober start. Get started on your journey towards sober living by calling us today at (855) 425-4846.