Addiction to alcohol is a widespread and devastating problem that impacts every aspect of your life. If you or a loved one has a problem with alcohol you’re already aware of exactly how devastating it can be. Although exact figures are hard to identify, a large portion of the US population has some form of a drinking problem
Major Signs of a Drinking Problem
There are common signs that people with drinking problems universally exhibit. These include but are not limited to:
- The inability to control how much you drink despite outstanding circumstances.
- A noticeable degradation of your career or relationships.
- An increase in physical health problems such as liver disease.
- An influx in withdrawal symptoms such as trembling, upset stomach, or sweating.
- Alcohol-related legal problems such as DWI or DWAI, damaged property, or assault.
- Memory loss or the inability to recall past events. For example, a friend or family member might remind you of something you did and you have no recollection of it.
The Signs of Alcohol Addiction Aren’t Always Obvious
Keep in mind that the signs of an alcohol use disorder vary from one person to the next. Just because you don’t have all of the signs listed above doesn’t mean that you don’t have a drinking problem.
Above all, if you’re concerned about a loved one, you should note that many addicts are good at hiding their addiction. For example, they may drink secretly or at odd hours. However, people who drink regularly don’t always exhibit the stereotypical symptoms of drunkenness.
How to Overcome a Drinking Problem
Alcohol addiction is an extremely challenging to overcome. This is because alcohol is pervasive and legal in our society. Thus, you’ll encounter temptations everywhere you go. In many cases, the best solution is finding a treatment facility where you can give recovery your complete devotion. At 1st Step Behavioral, a drug and alcohol rehab facility in Pompano, Florida, you’ll feel truly committed to overcoming your addiction. They offer the following treatment methods:
- Talk and behavioral therapy, with an emphasis on ego-modifying techniques.
- Activities and therapies supplemental to talk therapy, including art and music therapy and holistic modalities such as massage and acupuncture.
- Family involvement and therapy which play a vital role in the recovery process.
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- A focus on relapse prevention
At 1st Step Behavioral, you’ll learn to take back your life from the firm grasp of alcohol addiction. A quality rehab center can help you overcome your addiction. Contact us today at (866) 319-6126 to begin your transformation into a healthier, sober you.